Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Abop Franken - greyed purple and glitter

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2
TOPCOAT?: Yes
SOURCE: Franken was made last year and I don't remember what I put in it!
COMMENTS: Jenni commented on my last mani that the glitter accents were not something that could be worn by someone with short nails. That was because I used the glitter on my tips to create a funky french. Sooo, for this manicure I decided to use irridescent glitter in a look that can be adapted by those sporting nails of any length. Did I succeed?

This time I used the clear/white-looking glitter:

Arranged them in a half-moon shape:

Looks pretty tame, doesn't it? Wait for it...

BAM! The tiniest bit of light turns the glitter into a glowy animal!


Outdoors in sunlight:


And in the shade:

The way I like it best - indoors with not much lighting. The glitter just gloooows...

So, can this be worn by someone with short nails?

29 comments:

  1. I'm sort of lemming those little hex glitters because of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Simple but it looks gorgeous. I'm not a nail art kind of girl but this looks like something I could actually do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh soo shiney! heh loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv this! So cool and creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool. And yes, I do think that it would be great on short nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely succeeded! That look can be worn with any length. I am def gonna try this with the hex glitter I bought. I also love the color of your franken...not sure if it is purple-y or blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I could certainly wear this. You are so right. That hex is fabulous! I still think most nail art is most effective on long nails though! My problem is my hands are very small and so therefore are my nails and I have no room to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh it's fantastic!!! fab mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Could I ask how long it took you to apply all the glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool!
    I love half moon manicures, thank you for the idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG NO! That is gorgeous! I didn't know what to expect when you said "wait for it" but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments! I literally gasped when I saw the color leap off the glitter like that, lol!

    @jaljen: - still do-able, just using a lot less glitter (which makes for shorter application time - a good thing!)

    @Cali369: - Too long! At least 30 minutes!
    Not because it's difficult, but because my dotting tool would often not pick up the glitter - and I was doing this when tired, just before bedtime, and against a background where I couldn't always see if I'd picked up a piece or not. Next time I'm using a blank piece of paper and plenty of light. The previous one didn't take as long. Great question!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent! I love how you turned this around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I'm afraid I'd run out of attention span before I finished all of my nails, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing! I have this glitter and had no idea it's glowy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! That glitter looks absolutely amazing I have one that looks like it and I had no idea that I could use it like that. I can't wait to do it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this ! (: It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure succeeded! And what a nice twist on the halfmoon mani, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!