Saturday, May 14, 2011

American Apparel - Hassid and ABOP Flaky Franken

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 1 of each
SOURCE: American Apparel Store, Flaky topcoat made from Covergirl Boundless Color - Pink Twinkle and multiple Golden Rose Scale Effect polishes.
COMMENTS: I'm not big on putting flaky polishes over black, but to show all the colors in my flaky franken I had no choice but to use black as the base. Hassid is a great one-coat black so served this purpose well. Don't sleep on Covergirl Pink Twinkle people, it constitutes1/2 of the franken! The other half is bits of at least 5 different Golden Rose Scale effects - and I don't remember which ones or proportions, sorry.



The franken is half of this (no topcoat here):

and bits of some of these:

Here's the franken (no topcoat here):

After topcoat:

Up close - the smaller gold-ish flakes are Pink Twinkle:

20 comments:

  1. OMG, I love love LOVE that Franken! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I bet it would look sweet over a burnished gold or olive green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *jealous* Excellent flakie franken. LOVE the colors. I'm dying to get my hands on those Golden Rose flakies. I even emailed Golden Rose USA and they said they are discontinued so I'm waiting to find someone overseas to swap me for some. Beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I love flakies! Just so beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, flaky heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of the prettiest frankens I have ever seen. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so pretty! I don't really like flakies on black either but it does make them stand out much more(:
    I've never heard of the covergirl polishes, do they still have them around? or are these older?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fantastic franken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing franken! what colors have you worn it over?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I think I may have to give flakies frankening a try!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!