Chi-Chi from The Phalanges Files asked how I take care of my nails. That's a tough question for me because I don't do the same thing all the time. Here's a few of the constants in my nail care regime:
- I always have my nails polished. Leaving them bare for more than a day is extremely rare. If I have no time, it's just the quick base coat - as pictured above.
- Every hand washing episode is followed by the application of lotion, which includes making sure I massage some lotion into my cuticles. Yes, this means I have a bottle of lotion at my desk at work.
- I always use a base coat - but I have so many and just randomly pick one usually. For example, the base on my current mani (China Glaze 2Nite) is a nail hardener that I got last week as part of a set of 9 polishes by Elle LDL. Lately I've been alternating between Sally Hansen Nail Quencher and an old one from my college days that I'm trying to use up.
- I used to use pure acetone to take off my polish. I recently switched to using two scrubby tubs - one for each hand. It's faster, and I don't have to bother with cotton balls. In both cases I follow up immediately with a hand wash and lotion.
- I do take prenatal vitamins and 2000mg of Biotin everyday. However, I've never been a regular pill taker, so there are days I forget to take them.