Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nail Foils - African Jade

COMMENTS: So, even though I hadn't yet sorted out my topcoat dilemma, I went ahead with my foil mani. I used one coat of Nyx Girls Algae as my base color and then used a foil named African Jade which I purchased from DollarNailArt.com.
The first photo was taken before topcoat. You can see what a difference there is between that and the next photos. I did get quite a few compliments on my nails, so I guess they at least looked good from a distance!
Enamel Girl has advised that I put the topcoat on in a very thin layer next time. She and Tarteofraises have some of the best foil manis, so please check them out!






UP NEXT: Holiday party mani.

16 comments:

  1. OMG! This is super cute ... My two favorite colors in a mani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are very you. Very flattering. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what´s that?! It´s amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how it turned out, I've yet to test out foils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Practice makes perfect and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, better than any of mine, I can't even tell there's a top coat issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! How did you do this?? Did you just place the foil in random spots?

    I can't wait to try them. I too was thinking if you can find a very thin topcoat and apply it lightly maybe it won't wrinkle. You might want to thin out your topcoat to make it thin so it can flow. Does that make sense..Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I actually see the foil is that way. I have to order it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!