Monday, January 31, 2011

Holographic glitter polish comparison

COMMENTS: Left to right in this and all subsequent photos:
1. Holo glitter franken with pigment from TKB Trading (Holographic Hola Glow)
2. Holo glitter franken with pigment from nail supply store (worn in previous post here) - smallest glitter size
3. Holo glitter polish from Claire's called "Glitter Topcoat" - largest glitter size

Two coats of each with 1 coat of Beauty Secrets fast finish topcoat:

And with a second layer of topcoat:

Let's step back a bit from the bling:

Out of focus:

UP NEXT: Golden Rose Paris - 88


  1. I like them all (but to be honest I just like glitters) - it's funny how different they all are, you just think of a glitter as just being a glitter sometimes.

  2. This is a great find. I didn't know claire's had holo nail polishes i have to go and check it out :)

  3. That first franken is just amaaaazing. China Glaze should have taken some tips from you for the Tronica collection.

  4. Thanks for the comments!

    China Glaze is still way ahead of me! I say this because this is glitter, which means they dry bumpy and need at least two healthy coats of topcoat. :)

  5. I was waiting for this post. Thank you. I'm actually impressed with the Claire's glitter one. If I happen to see it around, I will pick it up for frankening. NOthing beats the beautiful holo glitter containers you sent me tho.

  6. Awesome post, great job with the frankens!


Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!