Tuesday, March 29, 2011

China Glaze - TTYL and Nfu Oh - 63

APPLICATION: Tricky, especially with the Nfu Oh. You have to apply these without going over the same area twice otherwise you risk getting bald patches on the nail.
COATS: 2 of each
TOPCOAT?: Yes, in all but the first two photos.
SOURCE: China Glaze:Victoria Nail Supply, Nfu Oh: fabuloustreet
COMMENTS: I realized I have been seriously neglecting the holographic polishes in my collection and so decided to enjoy these over the weekend. Once again, I think I prefer scattered holo to superfine linear holo. The latter are just so dull when there isn't lots of light bouncing off them, which is  most of the time. I added some glitter on the tips to liven this mani up indoors.


Um, excuse me, where's my holo? This is what it looks like most of the time:






12 comments:

  1. Love it with the glitter!
    I'm glad you mentioned how it looks most of the time. I have never thought of holos like that until now and I'm glad you brought it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love holos! They look great together. Ive been neglecting mine too but now that we are having better weather i think its time for them to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so informative! thanks for valuable information. I love the first pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this is a gorgeous color..DAMN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta be honest, while I can see how pretty holos are, I really don't get the hype. Like, I don't understand why people are so upset that there aren't any "true" holos anymore. I guess it's because these came out before I was really interested in nail polish again so I missed the fad or something. I don't know. It looks so pretty, but I just don't get it the hysteria.

    This posts reminds me that I need to get some more Nfu Ohs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, especially with the glitters on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love linear holos and need to start wearing them. This one is very pretty on you. Too bad it's not so holo in doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it is glorious in the sunlight! But this is my biggest irritation with holos...i wish they'd be holo all the time!! Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color! I hate that I missed the OMG collection from the beginning. Also, I need to get some Nfu Ohs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, the scattered holos are beautiful indoors and outdoors :);) More fun! But the linears top all when you go in the sunshine...LOL! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the glittery addition. That is the one thing that always kicks my butt about the Nfu Oh's also - its so easy to get bald spots. :P Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I remember you saying you preferred scattered holos before. I don't own any so I didn't know they look like that in the shade. ._. That kind of takes some air out of my lemming balloon. Fine, I'll get over my disappointment, eventually. :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!