Sunday, September 18, 2011

Golden Rose with Protein - 257 and OPI - Ginger Bells

APPLICATION: Smooth on both
COATS: 2 of each, although both can be applied in 1 generous coat.
TOPCOAT?: Not until after stamping
SOURCE: Golden Rose from goldenroseusa.com, OPI from local nail supply store
COMMENTS: This color has caught my eye quite a few times from the shelf where it sits, so I decided to start my slew of Golden rose manis with it. When I picked it up, however, I thought it looked familiar, so also grabbed OPI - Ginger Bells to wear with it since they looked so similar. Ginger Bells is just a hint darker than 257, but most people wouldn't notice the difference.
I absolutely love this color. It reminds me of caramel, clay, and Thai Iced tea all at the same time!


Here are the beauties - so shiny on their own!


Can you tell which is the Golden Rose and which is the OPI?

Stamped with the following:
L to R above: Cherimoya/Kleancolor - Mocha, Nabi - Metallic Dark Per, Nabi - Metallic Red Wine, Pure Ice - Magic
Stamp pattern from Magnonails XL plate B

Artificial lighting:
On the ring finger I used the Cherimoya -Mocha as the base and stamped with the Golden Rose - 257, so it's the reverse of the pinky.

Sunlight:




Two other looks to consider - layered with one coat each of Jessie's Girl - Firefly and Barielle - Elle's Spell

Oh, and yes, I cut my nails this weekend. I'm liking the shorties again, they're so much fun!

22 comments:

  1. I cannot tell the difference,
    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow u are amazing stamping!! Love elle's spell over that color!!!! They looks so pretty on u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is so pretty..stamping perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are dupes. I love the stamping and the layering combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooow so pretty. I actually thought the base color was different, not the stamping. :D Haha illusion playing with my eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just lost an hour of time staring at these! So chic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that stamp! Where do you buy the Magnonails plates?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments!
    @Missy Pratt: I bought my XL stamping plates from magnonails.de. If you are not in a country where you can order directly from their site, you will have to use their Contact Us functionality to send an email with your request. They seem to be out of a few plates. Chez Delaney has the same plates for sale, but at a higher price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this! So many awesome colors for the Fall in one manicure! I think the Golden Rose looks darker but that might just be me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a konad-fan, but this is seriously beautiful. Well done! I love Ginger Bell too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really can't tell the difference. I absolutely love the colour, perfect for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the metallic stamping. That golden rose looks edible, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is so pretty ! All the combos .

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh..pretty stamping! m.. i think they are pretty much dupes.. nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this mani! You did an awesome job picking all those colors, it all works beautifully together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the pinky and index fingers... Also the last pic is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just discovered your blog! Your swatches are just stunning!

    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving your work here, your nails look incredible. I love the comparison to Ginger Bells, I have that one as an untried for a couple of years now. Thank you for making me want to wear it! The stamping and combinations are gorgeous, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving your work here, your nails look incredible. I love the comparison to Ginger Bells, I have that one as an untried for a couple of years now. Thank you for making me want to wear it! The stamping and combinations are gorgeous, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!