Monday, March 7, 2011

Ulta - Sun-Sational, The Jungle Look, and Limelight

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2 each of Sun-Sational and The Jungle Look. The Jungle Look could have been applied in one thick coat though.
TOPCOAT?: Yes, in most photos
SOURCE: I bought Limelight in an Ulta Store. The other two were purchased on the Ulta web site. I only buy these when they're on sale (buy one get one free - they are regularly $5)
COMMENTS: I wanted to do some nail  art from the Japanese Nail art magazine my coworker got me. Two patterns on a page caught my eye, so I tried them on nail wheels first. I like what I picked but am still getting used to my shorter nails.

** My photos are LARGER in this post - do you prefer this size (xl) or the smaller ones (l)?


I tried out the first and fourth designs below





Before topcoat:

After topoat:



23 comments:

  1. Refreshing combo, I love it!
    Photos look perfect and very quality... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I absolutely love this design! You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are really good at nailart! I love the large pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiuful! Looks like a spring. :) I prefer XL pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy, LOL! Very creative, I like it a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great designs--I'm so impressed!

    I like the L pics rather than XL; it's easier for me to appreciate the photos when there's a bit more background around them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments! Thank you also to those who commented on the photo sizes. Ideally I'd like them in between both sizes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! I like the larger photo so I can see even better detail of the work you put into your mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job on this! I love the color combo you chose too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible designs!!! And so well done!

    I like the XL pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the larger photos, and your nail art looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! I love the color combo and the flowers scream spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also wish there was an inbetween size. You can manually change the size, of course, but who wants to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! OMG that looks SO GOOD! It's so neat! And I like the way you used both green and yellow as the background colour.

    I also wanted to thank you very, very much for all your sweet comments on my blog :) It's really nice to hear that people enjoy the manis that you put so much time and effort in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That yellow-green design looks very good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! I like this mani so much that I decided to do one myself, I'll be posting about it later today and I will mention your blog :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are beyond phenomenal!!! Such a gorgeous combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks awesome! I was just eyeing the jungle look earlier online, but I don't have any ultas so I don't know how they apply and wear, so I'm glad it turns out nicely =]

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!