Friday, October 22, 2010

Tres Risk - Suede Pumps, Tres Risk - A Lotta Cash

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2 of Suede Pumps (the grey), 1 of A Lotta Cash (the green)
COLOR DUPE ALERT: Suede Pumps is (to my eye and on my right hand) almost a dead on dupe for Nina Ultra Pro - Never Glum Plum, that's why I have it hanging out in the bottle pic.
TOPCOAT?: Not in the first photos - only in the last one.
SOURCE: Ross Dress for Less - from a set of 4.
COMMENTS: When I swatched these two on tips they were rich and creamy, so I couldn't wait to wear them. However, I didn't want to use them on their own for an all grey or all green mani. Solution? Combine them! This combo was the winner of my audition. I used acrylic paint for the white stripe. The polishes were quite shiny on their own, but I had to add a top coat later (last photo) to seal in the acrylic paint. I need to do more like this!






16 comments:

  1. I always love the creativity of your manis. They seem simplistic at first glance....but the more I look, the more complex they appear. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't like all grey mani's either. i like what you did with the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a good topcoat? i have been having SO MUCH trouble finding a good one that isn't too pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the gray/green color combo, good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kaitlyn: I bought this after hearing about it too and use it infrequently. I find that it doesn't dry as quickly as this one that I showed in a recent post, and it doesn't stay shiny as long either. Others have had better results, but this is the third mani I've tried it on, and for me it's just okay. I'm going back to one of the others I like for my next mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both of these colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the topcoat I am using now as I have been having a great deal of trouble with the Seche Vite. I will have to try the other SH Insta Dri you recommended above.

    BTW I am totally digging that crisp white stripe to separate the colours. Very posh mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is cool, I wouldnt have thought of putting these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look amazing!

    I'm so glad you used these polishes. I just bought the same Tres Risk collection, along with another one. I haven't tried them out yet, but the colors look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the review of this brand. I got like three sets of these and was wondering how they'd perform.

    Your art is going to get a lot of attention! This is just strikingly chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks super pretty~
    The colors go together really well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an uber-creative mani and I can't believe how your nails are growing. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this mani! It's like French tips, only way better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!