Saturday, July 16, 2011

Making crackle polish work for me


COATS: 2 of the base white, Kleancolor White
TOPCOAT?: Oh yes!
SOURCE:
COMMENTS:  A few of you know I really haven't been feeling the crackle trend as I simply don't find it attractive - even after buying a few crackle polishes to see if it looked better in person. Well, the other day I wondered what it would look like as background texture for stamping, just like one would use sponged on colors as background. I made sure to use a stamping color that would take my attention away from the crackles, and it worked - and I like it! Now my two Mia Secret crackle polishes have been removed from the blog sale, lol!

What do you think? Do you see crackle or just a textured background?


Colors used: Kleancolor - White, Mia Secret - Pastel blue (it's really not blue though), American Apparel - Peacock
Stamping pattern from Magnonails XL plate B


21 comments:

  1. wow, this looks soo cool and such a clever idea, i have to try it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it better this way. I haven't jumped on the crackle bandwagon because I don't like it on me....may have to try your way! Thanks for posting!

    XOXO

    The Brainless Housewife :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I don't see crackle at all. Mia Secret Sky Blue looks like a crackle version of For Audrey to me. o.o;

    ReplyDelete
  4. How KEWL is THAT?!! You're a crafty cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, that IS cool! I love it! (and I like crackles!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE this! Makes me think of Moroccan tile. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is freaking awesome!! What a creative and downright genius use of crackle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great spin on crackle. That crackle is a pretty color :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a very good idea to use it this way. I'm not a massive fan of crackle either but this looks so subtle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very interesting idea. Fantastic end result!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, you did it again. I don't know how you make something (like a crackle) look the least like everyone else's version and the most fabulous eveh? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautufull! I like those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant! Just one more interesting thing to do with crackle. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!