Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nabi - Angel Blue, China Glaze - Secret Peri-Wink-Le

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 1 of the Nabi, 2 of the China Glaze
TOPCOAT?: See below
SOURCE: I purchased a dozen of the new formula (and bottle) Nabis downtown for $7. The China Glaze was $3 on sale on the Sally Beauty Supply web site.
COMMENTS: I saw the new Nabis two Fridays ago in downtown LA and had to try them! They boast a thicker formula, which meant just one coat of color for this mani. I realized this color looked just like another recent purchase though - so decided to wear both. The China Glaze needed two coats, but dries shinier than the Nabi.


No topcoat - Left to Right:
China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le | Nabi Angel Blue | China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le | Nabi Angel Blue



With topcoat:

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a dupe to me! That's a pretty color for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shade of blue. It is very striking on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!
    Knowing dupes is hugely helpful!!!
    I have the ChG, so yay!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty dupe. looks glorious on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Secret Periwinkle. I didn't realize Nabi had changed their bottles. Did you find these in The Alley?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total dupes. I don't see a difference at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....I can't even see a difference. How did the two formulas compare? all things being equal...I would hope they would apply differently! take care and great color on you. When are the dots coming? You are the Queen of dots :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for the awesome comments, ladies! To answer questions:
    @Savvy - I got this in a store that's actually a few blocks north of the fashion district (so not in the Alley) If you send me an email directly I can give you more specifics.

    @Gottwinkies: The China Glaze formula was not quite as thick as the Nabi one, so was 2 coats. I would choose the Nabi just because I prefer one-coat polishes, especially for nail art. The built in shine in the China Glaze makes it a winner for those who don't want to bother with topcoat though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally a dupe! You're so lucky you have access to Nabi! That color is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers! Now if that's not a dupe I don't know what is... Gonna go hit up our spot real soon - lol... :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!