Friday, October 8, 2010

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Twisted Pink

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2
TOPCOAT?: Not until adding nail art
SOURCE: Local drugstore (Rite Aid, Walgreens, or CVS)
COMMENTS: Here's a pink for breast cancer awareness month! This is still not fully opaque at two coats, but it's really vibrant and has hidden shimmer, so I'm happy. I added some crafting sticker strips to my mani after the color dried. Note that the strips are too thick so I cut them in two lengthwise for use on my nails. I also had to be careful putting topcoat over them as too many brush swipes would remove the color from the sticker. I cut them too short for my thumb, ah well...







In this last photo I was comparing the pink on my nails to the pink in the picture. My camera just doesn't capture it as hot/vivid as it really is. Take that visual difference and add the third dimension to understand how bright it is.

9 comments:

  1. The strips are so cute!

    Your nails look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyaaah, I lubb this pink!
    It reminds me of my fav, Barry M - Shocking Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a perfect pink. I love the little stripes, btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like it, your nails are so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strips look great on this color. That little bit of dazzle is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this looks very nice! I like that little bit of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just wanted to let you know that i think your blog is GREAT!!! love how organized it is and the pics are all very helpful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!