Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Twisted Pink

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2
TOPCOAT?: Not until adding nail art
SOURCE: Local drugstore (Rite Aid, Walgreens, or CVS)
COMMENTS: Here's a pink for breast cancer awareness month! This is still not fully opaque at two coats, but it's really vibrant and has hidden shimmer, so I'm happy. I added some crafting sticker strips to my mani after the color dried. Note that the strips are too thick so I cut them in two lengthwise for use on my nails. I also had to be careful putting topcoat over them as too many brush swipes would remove the color from the sticker. I cut them too short for my thumb, ah well...







In this last photo I was comparing the pink on my nails to the pink in the picture. My camera just doesn't capture it as hot/vivid as it really is. Take that visual difference and add the third dimension to understand how bright it is.

9 comments:

  1. The strips are so cute!

    Your nails look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyaaah, I lubb this pink!
    It reminds me of my fav, Barry M - Shocking Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a perfect pink. I love the little stripes, btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those strips look great on this color. That little bit of dazzle is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this looks very nice! I like that little bit of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wanted to let you know that i think your blog is GREAT!!! love how organized it is and the pics are all very helpful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!