Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack

I don't really post purchases any more, because I see no need, but had to post this one as a "buyer beware". I'm not saying whether you should buy this or not, but since it's a package that keeps it's contents a mystery, I thought I'd do my bit of community service and show you what was in the one I got - which for me was quite a disappointment. 

This Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack was purchased at Rite Aid for $9.99. False advertising, I say... don't get me wrong, I purchased a pack like this once back in 2000 or so, and it had great colors in it. Ah, let me stop yammering and just show the pics so you can decide for yourself. Click pics to get a close-up if needed.

13 comments:

  1. I suppose they have to get rid of their icky, non selling colors somehow! Sorry you had a lousy purchase...it just wrecks your whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *makes face*
    Man, that stinks. But the orange one looks okay, and hopefully you can get some use out of the pen.
    Thanks for the public service announcement! Those packages can be so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could swap the others? The orange looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm other than the orange polish, this is kind of a dud unless you are a polish newbie and have nothing.... 2 sets of toe separators? really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this at Walgreens this weekend and *almost* picked it up. Now I'm glad I didn't. I hope you're able to get some use out of some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since I've seen these in the store. Thanks for the heads up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, what a bummer. i almost picked up a pack the other day too. wheph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Rite Aid has some kind of cosmetics purchase guarantee, so you should be able to take it back without any hassle. I've never had any trouble returning things there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw that at Walgreens the other day, and (apparently) I mistakenly assumed it would have 5 bottles of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes. I guess this truly is a starter kit. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! Now I wonder if all the kits have all the same colors?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm, I've never seen any of these before. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS FOR THE POST!Almost bought this for my 11 yr old's friends b-day gift and so glad I didnt. The package makes it look like all those colors are in the box, and Samantha's right;2 sets of separators shouldn't count as 2 "tools"

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a little tiny bit better than Scrangie. Boy, was she pissed!
    The Glam Is A Lie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got a box similar, but I didn't get these colors. But it isn't worth the price.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!