Monday, May 16, 2011

Zoya - Veruschka and Nyx - Purple Ave.

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 1 thick coat of each
TOPCOAT?: Eventually, yes.
SOURCE: Zoya.com and downtown Los Angeles nail supply store respectively.
COMMENTS: I'm starting to think dark greens like this don't really suit my skin tone.  Either way, the color of Veruschka is still pretty, but I much preferred the way it looked while wet to the matte finish. Purple Avenue turned into gorgeous green and aqua flakies over this. I planned to keep the top part matte, bit didn't like it, so I threw on some rhinestones and topcoat.





13 comments:

  1. I much prefer it with the Purple Ave over it. It's a beautiful combination. I think you look good with this kind of green, I don't know why you think not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the coolest manis. :)

    I think the dark green looks good on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creativity, this manicure is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...AMAZING! I'm loving this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is amazing on it's on but better on you ! I love it. Where can I find Zoya ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic with the flakies over the top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the color looks great on you! I love the added flakie effect

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is just that shinies look great on you! Matte...maybe not lol! I totally love how the flakies and shine change it and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are awesome. "I threw on some rhinestones and topcoat" you make it sound and LOOK so easy to make all your fabulous manis. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I love the design with the top coat ;) I think emerald greens like this are flattering on every skin tone !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. !so nice. i love how you can see the subtle designs as you layer it with the topcoat and flakie. ahh so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!