Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sally Hansen Xtreme French Manicure Kit - Blue

APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 2 of base color, 2 of color next to cuticles, 1 of tip color
TOPCOAT?: Yes
SOURCE: OLD, really old polishes from my stash, purchased at some drugstore back in the day.
COMMENTS: These sets have to be over a decade old! I bought them way back when... and am not sure if they had other color combinations available. Can you see how cheap they were then? $1.99 for 3 polishes and a set of tip guides (regular and chevron)! I decided to use the polishes that came in the blue set. However, the Color #1 isn't blue on the nail! That didn't discourage me though. I used tape to complete the manicure. And of course, after wearing it for about an hour, I just had to add some tiny dots - no surprise there!


They even included manicure ideas!

The polishes from each set - numbered, 1, 2, then 3... All the step three polishes are nice rich one-coaters - in smaller bottles.

I followed instructions!



The Fingrs nail art pen color matched exactly, but I didn't have a matching pen for the greenish-gold so just used Sally Hansen's gold nail art pen:


Don't you just love when nail polish you've had for so many years still delivers? Aside from the non-blue base, this mani was eas - the polish applied easily and dried in decent time. The hardest part was cutting and placing the tape!

15 comments:

  1. I love that blue on you. I am so bad with the tape that I can't do these manicures but this design looks awesome and its so clean! you really make it beautifully without any mistakes. Your an artist abop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mani! You picked really good colors for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, how come all the good shit is discontinued? That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is pretty! i love it after you added the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous blues! I love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer it before the dots but you do have amazing nails and very healthy-looking hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I have some old old polish that delivers still, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! Another winner! Wow, it's so awesome. Kinda nautical, kinda Titanic :D (Love that movie, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. The dots made this mani IMO x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look like little filmstrips! That's such a fun combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this manicure! I wish I had those sets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you put the dots on there and I swore it was a template of some kind. Very cool. Oh, and I have seen KISS brand have template designs for manicures. I've been considering giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! It looks perfect for a cruise. I'm on a blue kick right now and solely wearing blue this month in honor of Autism awareness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!