Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gifted Franken - Holy Paradox

*Edited to link to video
APPLICATION: Smooth
COATS: 1
TOPCOAT?: See photos
SOURCE: Laquer Ware for Tips and Toes - as a gift. To see this on her, click here
COMMENTS: I managed to apply this in one coat, and although it needed 3 coats of  topcoat due to the gliitter, it's a delight to look at in direct light - both indoor and outdoor - because of the sparkly holo micrglitter! Photos couldn't capture this fully, so I included a video as well.


Without topcoat - I kind of liked it like this:


With topcoat:


In the light of the setting sun:



Indirect indoor light - more tame:

Holy Paradox in action (video): [can someone pls tell me how to retain good video quality when I upload? I just previewed this post and all the sparkly goodness that shows in the original is completely lost in the uploaded version. Grrr!]
*Edited to link to video - Click on image below:

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty...Chris always makes such nice frankens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, really nice! Gives me ideas ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking it without the top coat and the holo itself is so pretty (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless that is soooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is SO freaking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. This reminds me of the OPI Suedes but with duochrome. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I really liked this but it was very hard to capture the holo effect I would see irl, so I'm glad you did the video as it helped. And it did need at least 2 coats of TC for me for the same reason, that holo glitter is awesome, but causes it to be a bit chunky. I love this on your nails. And I love that it was my first holo glitter inspired franken from the holo glitter you gifted to me. :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! I do respond to questions on the comment form if I feel they will be beneficial to others or if the requester has no direct email address. Thanks!